Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Spoiler Alert

I have an officemate who is fond of knowing the ending of movies, series, or books. The moment she gets a new book, she would read the first and last chapters first before reading what happened in between. Whenever she gets a new episode in a TV series, she would watch the ending first. I find it weird because it seems like she’s losing the excitement by knowing how the story ends. But in tough times, I follow her example. Whenever I feel drained of hope about reaching my dreams, I ask God for His spoiler alert. And recently, this is what He said to me:

I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth…So (also) you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.”
(John 16: 12-13 and 22)

So there He is, God promising “joy that cannot be taken away” from us. Isn’t that a spoiler alert that we are all leading to reaching our dreams? Just like most of us, God loves happy endings. And when He wrote our lives’ stories, He was so giddy in ending them with something that will make us smile, dance, laugh, cry, and praise Him all at the same time.


Thank You, Lord, for being before us in reaching our dreams. Thank You in advance for the joy that will be with us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment